What a cracking day! What a great weekend! We are all finally back in the same country and the same time zone. After a very successful PPI claim we had a chance at taking the entire unit across the pond and found a great deal back in Oct. We all flew out and after 6 red eyed days myself and thing1 came home to return to our normal gigs.  Wife, thing 2 and 3 stayed in America for 3 more weeks. You would think that 3 weeks alone would buckets of sleep but it was quite the opposite.  Moving an entire head office to a new building meant a lot of late nights and a few reasons to celebrate – my liver still hates me.  The girls flight was supposed to come in 10:40 at Heathrow but due to fog had to do an emergency landing in Manchester.  Then refuel, then wait for clearance to fly.  Eventually after what felt like an eternity to thing2, she eventually was able to give her Dad a hug.  I burst into tears of relief and joy that they were back here safe.  On our way home we found a closed M42 which meant a nice detour around country lanes.  Thing2 has just slept as if it were a normal night but thing3 has been awake all night.  Wifey is feeling the effects of breast feeding in both time zones while thing3 recovers.  While we were in California we did Disney – the happiest place on earth – especially when it rains hard and we took shelter in a Star Wars store.  I could have spent a LOT of money in there.  Ironic gifts, funny things with Chewie on them, actual things I would love and some things I now know exist and will have to own.  We did come out with 2 brilliant BB8 drink cups that I bought without looking at the price because they were so damn cool looking.  I’ll give Disney one thing, they really know how to merchandise a movie.  We also did the proper tourist thing of driving around Hollywood with a tour guide pointing out famous people’s houses or movie sets.  I thought thing1 was going to hyperventilate at a certain J. Beaver’s apartment block.  Also nice to drive past the Rainbow bar – RIP Lemmy.  Talking of Lemmy, we (Boney and I) went to see Henry Rollins again on his latest spoken word tour – must be my 5th by now.  He did his thing and made everything right in the world for me.   A great entertainer and story teller especially as the first hour was just Lemmy and Bowie stories from his times he had crossed paths with the recently departed Gods.  Great night and had a profound effect on the audience as he always does.

Kids – the kind of update you would expect.  Thing3 did her first solid on 20/01/16 after eating mushed apples.  Yay I hear you so say?  Well from here it sounded like yay but anyway worth documenting as since then she has worked her way up to all kinds of mushed foods and fruits and is growing nicely.  She is doing a kind of reverse breakdance where she lies on her back, lifts her body up and pushes with her feet to move around.  Not quite crawling but movement that gets her about.  Not quite rolling over with any style just yet but getting stronger every day.  It’s been amazing to see the change in the 3 weeks they were away.  Facially and vocally, she has really turned a corner.  Dadadadadadada is now common but still waiting for the first sign of Mama which would make Wifey very happy.  Things 1 and 2 are their normal selves – cute and cheeky.  Thing2 has not left my side since she got off the plane – no complaints from me. Hopefully she will get back into school and not find it hard to adjust to life around here.  If only I could say the same for Wifey.  No amount of Chips from Majors will make up for the distance away from her people.  No matter how many times we visit, its never long enough or in anyway the same as us being there.  I’m so grateful for her decision to live over here and to try and decipher English English.

I know I missed the deadline for the getting one out every month but the dog ate my homework.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.